Monday, January 15, 2007

It's been a month since my last post but I have been writing. Been reading through the book of Habakkuk and it's been quite enriching in my view of God's justice, but it is a hard book to write about so my next proper post will probably be a large one.

I came across this article which I found interesting, it's about churches joining the cause of lowering greenhouse gas emission levels with the science community.

It's a delicate balance in a way, when does the church's involvement in an issue become more than us being light in this world and instead portraying us as a political force?

I guess it's a question of church leadership, some churches do not really get involved in their members lives, adopting a "we teach, you live" philosophy while some form close communities that encourage members to adopt values and sometimes even lifestyles

I sometimes wonder what the role of the church is in a Christian's life, since it is often a dividing line between denominations and churches and it shouldn't be.

Can leaders of the Christ learn to be strong Christians, to be true light of the world and to be filled with the Holy Spirit and the knowledge of God's love? And will the church become a place of true worship, worship that is not just comfortable to us but be pleasing to God?

I guess I can start by praying for it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home