Thursday, November 16, 2006

Isaiah 44
"This is what the Lord says --
Israel's King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people,
and what is yet to come -
yes, let him foretell what will come.
Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."


I think in a way God understands the difficulty in believing in some of the abstract concepts that are involved with Christianity. Things like pre-destiny, the Trinity...
But in this passage He gives us an account of the tangible things he has done through the nation of Israel, where the realities of His holiness, justice and love are very clear.

I wonder about our own lives, is one of the ways God is made known to people through what other people see in us? Such that when people are wondering about God, do they need to struggle through abstract concepts and beliefs? Or can they come to God simply through what they see He has done in our lives?

I pray that somehow, people will testify about us, about what God has done in our lives and how it has touched them somehow, even to find out more about this God.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home