Monday, September 18, 2006

Isaiah 27
"Sing about a fruitful vineyard
I, the Lord, watch over it;
I water it continually.
I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it.
I am not angry.
If only there were briers and thorns confronting me!
I would march against them in battle;
I would set them all on fire.
Or else let them come and make peace with me,
yes, let them make peace with me."


When I read this passage, I couldn't help but smile, have a chuckle even and be glad that God is really someone who I can identify with not just a deity but a God with a character we can really begin to form a relationship with.
In this dialogue from God, I just see such a sense of loyalty, that God didn't create us as flawed beings and left us to suffer in this world, but He intended everything as it is. We are His creation, His vineyard and He guards us day and night, wanting us to be fruitful. His mercy and grace is also made clear in such a wonderful way, that yes God will burn those who oppose Him but His greater desire is to make peace with them.
I praise you Father because of your loyalty and your protectiveness of us!

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home