Thursday, November 09, 2006

Isaiah 43
Something encouraging for everyone:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
The flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour;
I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
I will say to the north, "Give them up!" and the the south "Do not hold them back."
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of th earth -
everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."


This was spoken by God through Isaiah to the people of Israel, a nation whose homes have been destroyed and whose people have been scattered.
However, God reminds them that this is part of His great plan, that as long as they are His children they have nothing to fear.
Nothing, no matter good or bad will happens that is without purpose and we can see this through Israel's journey through history.

For us today, we are God's chosen people, we are His children. And we are watch over by the same God who brought Israel out of countless disasters.

In all of our strife and troubles, whenever we struggle with the world, ourselves, others, we can be assured that we as God's children will always have nothing to fear.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home