Thursday, November 02, 2006

Isaiah 42
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I do;
I will not forsake them"


I consider these verses my life verses, a few verses that I have looked at about 2 years back and realize that has how God has brought me to where I am and that's how God will bring me to where He wants me to be.

I think if anyone takes the time to read through Isaiah, even if they struggle through some chapters, they will definitely enrich their view of who God really is. How He is more than just the Sunday School answers you listen to and regurgitate in some kind of weekly religious ritual but that He is really a God who treasures those He created. How He is a God who loves justice and how He is a God who goes through so much just to see us grow as his children and servants.

In a way when I drifted away from God 3 years ago after a decade of going to church, growing up in a Christian family and even serving in various ministries, God brought me back to the core of what Christianity is all about.

It's not about ministry, your life, or anything else but how you know God and how all the other things flows from that knowledge and that relationship.

I think that's where our faith grows, it's in the times and places where we can't see or can't figure out where life is taking us and we give it to God to lead us. We just surrender that to Him.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home