Monday, June 26, 2006

2 Timothy 2

"In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some are for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the master and prepared to do any good work."


As a "church kid" or someone who grew up in a Christian family, it's sometimes hard to grasp the concept of being "reborn" or to be made new simply because there was no incident where I cast aside everything to follow God. I think this has led to a different set of struggles in that I'm often too self-assured of my faith and perhaps know too much for my own good, not willing to seek new challenges and new revelations from God.
I pray that God will constantly challenge me to become more and more suited for His purposes. Perhaps being a Christian for so long also meant that I've become too comfortable and have lost the joy and the need to constantly let God mold and change me. I pray that for me and for everyone that we would be willing to allow God to cast aside things in our lives that are ignoble, even if it comes at our own cost.
For Christ has already paid the greatest cost of all and we can expect no less than to pay the same to be in fellowship with Him.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home