Sunday, June 25, 2006

2 Timothy 1
"I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into the flame th gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of humility, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline."

After going through the 2 books of Timothy, I've grown to understand Timothy as an identifiable young man of God who has the heart but sometimes not the confidence to give his all the God. In the 2 letters Paul writes to him, he often directly encourages Timothy to be bold in God inspite of his young age and apparent lack of experience. To me it's quite stirring to see Paul and God honour Timothy like that and also an example I think many youth (including myself) can learn. Before long we would all have more and more responsibilities that would take us away from God's service. Things like family and careers will eventually make it harder and harder for us to serve God self-sacrificially, even though Jesus tells us that we must put Him above even our own families.
I wonder at the benefits of our Asian upbringing, the speed and single-mindedness to progress from primary, high school, uni then our careers. How many of us actually consult God in what we should do after each season of our lives? Do we dare to heed God to make a choice for us in our lives?

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home