Monday, June 12, 2006

1 Timothy 4
"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer"

When I look at the world today and as I age, I begin to realise that the world is a much bigger place than I've always taken for granted. Of course, I'm plenty busy with study, work, planning a career, planning a life, relationships, entertainment and everything else, but if I slow down and have a look around, God has created an immensely diverse world. Although we only play a small part, it's always good to be aware of just how different people can be. And a lot these people do live outside our comfort zones of university campuses, churches and the office.

I once heard a testimony about a Malay guitarist who accepted Christ when, during a gig, he saw Jesus walk into the smokey pub he was playing in, wearing a Metallica t-shirt. Being a Malay, his Muslim family and community persecuted him for his beliefs but he still stands strong. I actually laughed when I first heard this but it's such a powerful example of how God does indeed use everything and anything to bring more of His children to Him. So how much more should be be accepting of things that are different to us, even when these things make us uncomfortable. And I'm not saying this is an excuse for us to be tolerant to sin, but we can't save sinners until we befriend them, we can't clean the dirty without touching them.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home