Wednesday, June 07, 2006

1 Timothy 1
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbleief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the fiath and love that are in Christ Jesus.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance; Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst"


I've always loved the way Paul 's strongest teachings always stem from his own experiences as a sinner and how Christ transformed him. While reading this I'm just reminded that the most powerful method of evangelism is probably the presence of a transformed life.
I realise that the milestones in my own Christian walk are always accompanied by people who have shared their lives and their stories with me. I think all Christians should have access to the kind o testimony Paul has, for indeed if we all believe we were saved from being the worst of sinners, the life we live after will just be that much more focused on spreading God's message of grace to the world.
But I guess with different Christians come different processes and timings. Paul was transformed completely while some of us take a lifetime so I'll pray that we are always aware and prayerful that God uses the weakest of us to show His strength.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home